Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Internationalization
Priya R
Hi,
Is there any way to do Internationalization in BIRT without using properties file?
I mean we have all our messages in DB with key-value pair instead of properties file. Using Resource Bundle we are retrieving the value based on the key we are passing using web service from the cache.
How do I access this value in the report for each and every labels I need to use in the report?
Cheers,
Priya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wirzbicki
For report column headings that I changing dynamically I use the following steps.
1.) Create dummy labels for every column I have on report
Ex: LabelCol1, LableCol2, etc
2.) For each LabelCol# add the following javascript to each onCreate event
this.setText(getColHeader[#]) where # is the column number and array element to fetch.
3.) Create a dataset say called dsGetHeadings where you fetch the headings for each column. Then on the dataset onFetch event to create the getColHeader global array that we used in step 2.
I assume the column values stay the same and only the headings change for international use.