Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Visibility expression is true but chart is still displayed in a grid cell
larrychan
I had a data set from database that has 2 columns, category and count. I created a grid with 1 row and 2 columns. I bind the grid to the data set, and then created one more aggregate binding that sums over the counts from all categories (i.e. Expression: dataSetRow["count"], Function: SUM). I called this new binding "total_count". I then put a label in the 1st column and created a pie chart in the the 2nd column, displaying the count from each category. Everything worked fine at this point. However, I didn't want to display the pie chart if all the counts are 0. So, I selected the chart, go to Properties, and under Visibility, checked "Hide Element", chose "For all outputs", and specified the expression to be "row["total_count"] == 0". However, the pie chart is still displayed when all the counts from all categories are 0.
If I put the pie chart outside the grid, then it worked.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
What version are you using? Can you post the rptdesign?
larrychan
I'm using version 11SP4. Please see attached rptdesign file.
Clement Wong
Larry,<br />
<br />
For the chart that is inside the grid, change your visibility expression to the following to hide it:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Total.Sum(row["report_count"])==0</pre>
larrychan
Thanks. It works!