Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
HTML list not working in text element
larrychan
I'm new to BIRT. I am using Designer Pro 11SP4.
I am doing a very simple report by adding a text element containing html. The bold types, italic types are displayed correctly. But when it comes to list (I have unordered list <ul>), the bullets are not displayed in front of each list item.
I've attached both the report and the screen shot.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bricombs
Good Day
This is caused by an issue with the css file for the viewer. It is on the roadmap to be fixed in the next release.
You can fix it by using one of the following ways.
1. Fix it in line in your code by adding a style to the UL
<UL style="margin:0; padding:20px; list-style: disc;">
<li>Coffee</li>
<li>Tea</li>
<li>Milk</li>
</ul>
2. Change the Widget.css file
a: you can comment out the following code in the css
.actuateViewerContainer ol, .actuateViewerContainer ul {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
b: Or you add the following code to the css
.contentPanel ul{
padding: 0 0 0 20px;
}
If this will be run on IServer and you don't have access to change the css file then option one is your best bet.
larrychan
Thanks. We're a software vendor and we're shipping Actuate rsviewer to our customers with our product. I believe that our company must have some license agreement with Actuate to do that. Would changing the Widget.css file likely violate the license agreement?
bricombs
Good Day
No changing the css file will not violate the license agreement.
larrychan
Brian,
Do you have a TED already to track this problem?
Larry
bricombs
Good Day
The TED is 52298