Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Chart Rendering Problems
gaure
I am not sure if this is the right place, but if it is not, I would appreciate if someone tells me which one is the right place for my question.
I created a report with 8 charts. The seventh chart is the only one that doesn't render properly. In the preview window while I am configuring the chart it looks good, but as soon as I preview the whole report the chart?s series doesn't take the dataset values but some arbitrary values I don't know from where they come. The odd thing is that it happens in the seventh chart and not in the eighth or nay other chart in the report.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me
GA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you attach your report? Also, is this something that you can recreate? Like, it's happening in multiple reports and if you build another just like it, it happens still? If so, can you try to recreate it with the sample database?
gaure
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="115975" data-time="1365802570" data-date="12 April 2013 - 02:36 PM"><p>
Can you attach your report? Also, is this something that you can recreate? Like, it's happening in multiple reports and if you build another just like it, it happens still? If so, can you try to recreate it with the sample database?<br /></p></blockquote>
gaure
Hi mwilliam thanks a lot for reply me back.
Attached is a pdf output of the report.
Look at page "6" the chart with the title "Chart With Problems" is the one that renders incorrectly
Follow the answers your questions:
1. Also, is this something that you can recreate?
It happens every time I preview the report. Even erasing all the charts but the one with problems produces the same behavior.
The report has 6 grids, each grid has 2 charts. Grid 6 contains one good chart and one with the problem.
I attached also the "Edit Chart" window of the chart with problems, as you can see in it the chart looks good, it only gets the wrong series? values when is rendering on the report.
2. Like, it's happening in multiple reports and if you build another just like it, it happens still?
I will recreate the whole report again and let you know if it behaves the same.
3. If so, can you try to recreate it with the sample database?
I will also try this.
I also attached the report export file.
Thanks a lot mwilliam
mwilliams
Based on looking at your report, it would appear that you're simply maxing out the scale on your chart. The scale is set to a max of 100 and your data appears to just be above that for each.
gaure
Hi mwilliams
I found the problem
The data set was supposed to bring one value per day, but because a wrong SQL instruction it was bringing two per day. Because I had the chart configured to group values, it was adding the 2 values per day and it made the whole series to max out the scale. I just noticed this 5 minutes ago. I could save me and you a lot of time :-(
Thanks a lot for you help
GA
mwilliams
No problem. Always glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!