Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter initialization timing
pmathieu
On the creation of my main data table, I initialize some Report Parameters based off the contents of that data table (row count & column sum). Further down the report I use these parameters in my "hidden table" that finalizes and organizes values for my chart.
I have successfully built a chart AFTER (below) the "hidden calculations table" but I need the chart at the top of the report. When I try to place the chart at the top of the report, the variables haven't been initialized yet and the chart breaks.
+
+
|chart|
+
+
+
+
|Main data table| [A visible and formatted table; Variables initialized here]
+
+
+
+
|hidden calculations table| [Variables used, final organization for chart]
+
+
I've played around with plugging different scripts into the table's "On create" and the charts "On Render" but haven't had any luck.
--Is there a way to postpone the chart creation until after the final table is built?
--If not, are there scripts I can plug into the chart's "On Render" phase that can grab the values from the table before the chart is built?
Thank you in advance for any help provided!
Patrick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pmathieu
I was able to resolve the above scenario by creating an invisible table at the very top of the report that handles all the parameter initialization. That way, all values are initialized and ready to be called by the other report elements. I.e.:
+
+
|hidden calculations table| [Variables initialized, final organization for chart]
+
+
+
+
|chart| [Variables Consumed]
+
+
+
+
|Main data table| [A visible and formatted table; Variables Consumed here]
+
+