Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
3D bar chart
chandra t
Hello all
I need to design a report in Maximo where I should represent failure code VS location VS count (tickets) is it possible ? to do so in BIRT? I can see the option 3d dimension but not able to define all the parameters? Please let me know the solution
Thanks
Chandra
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
Have the category Location, Value Count and use optional grouping (on right of the wizard) failure code.
micajblock
Also you should not use 3D bar char (bad visualization) you should use a 2D Bar with multiple series.
chandra t
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mblock'" data-cid="116086" data-time="1366244321" data-date="17 April 2013 - 05:18 PM"><p>
Also you should not use 3D bar char (bad visualization) you should use a 2D Bar with multiple series.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks mate for the quick reponse , I was playing around with the report but the problem is it how to manage the series in dynamic manner?.<br />
<br />
Can you take a look at the grpah<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Chandra
micajblock
What version of BIRT are you using?
P.S. In my opinion the chart in the image is almost completely useless as it is impossible to tell which bars are bigger than others because of the 3D.
chandra t
I am on version 3.2.23, If you have couple of minutes I can share the design with you
THanks
micajblock
See attached image for example
chandra t
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mblock'" data-cid="116090" data-time="1366248306" data-date="17 April 2013 - 06:25 PM"><p>
See attached image for example<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Maric this makes , will try it with my report <br />
Attaching the design If you can sort it out Can appreciate as I have to submit it ASAP
<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Chandra
chandra t
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'chandra t'" data-cid="116091" data-time="1366249087" data-date="17 April 2013 - 06:38 PM"><p>
Maric this makes , will try it with my report <br />
Attaching the design If you can sort it out Can appreciate as I have to submit it ASAP
<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Chandra<br /></p></blockquote>
Maric Not able to get see any data in the data preview is there something Should I do With the Query?<br />
<br />
Thanks
micajblock
Chandra,<br />
I do not have 2.3.2 installed anymore. I will try to help. Try any or all of these.<br />
<ul class='bbcol decimal'><li>In the Select Data section, Use Data from button select the data set not the table.</li><li>Category should be failure code.</li><li>Make sure grouping is enabled and the Interval is 1 (you can change the agragation here to Count also)</li><li>Optional Y series should be Location</li><li>Only 1 series with the binding of the Row number. Make sure the aggregation is Count not Sum</li></ul>
<br />
Hope this helps.
chandra t
Like your detail explanation
But whn defining the chart I am getting an error saying failurecode datatype is not valid
Have mentioned the Quey I used and the error in the attachment, Please let me know what else should I have to
modify
Thanks
Chandra
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'chandra t'" data-cid="116121" data-time="1366307676" data-date="18 April 2013 - 10:54 AM"><p>
Like your detail explanation <br />
<br />
But whn defining the chart I am getting an error saying failurecode datatype is not valid<br />
<br />
<br />
Have mentioned the Quey I used and the error in the attachment, Please let me know what else should I have to <br />
<br />
modify<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Chandra<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Can you install BIRT 3.7.1 so I can send you an example?
micajblock
BTW, I just created a 3D chart using failure code as my category. I have no idea why you are getting an error. Try starting from scratch in a new report with only the query and the chart.
Are you sure your query returns results? I see nothing in the preview.
chandra t
Thanks for your patience Maric ,Some how finally I got the ouput but it is consistent ,
will see in detail and will come back IF i have any doubts
Thanks
Chandra
micajblock
Good to hear. Still to not the 3D effect. In my opinion a regular bar chart is more readable.
P.S. Where did you get the name Maric from?
chandra t
Yes have to modify it to 3d as tht was the req
I can see ur name on the profile
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'chandra t'" data-cid="116130" data-time="1366311156" data-date="18 April 2013 - 11:52 AM"><p>
I can see ur name on the profile
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
In my profile my name is Mica not Maric.
chandra t
oops sorry for tht Mica
Thanks
Chandra
chandra t
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'chandra t'" data-cid="116132" data-time="1366311534" data-date="18 April 2013 - 11:58 AM"><p>
oops sorry for tht Mica<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Chandra<br /></p></blockquote>
Mica have one QQ I got the ouput in the expected format using the below query<br />
<br />
<br />
Have mentioned failurecode as X category<br />
Have mentioned location as Y category<br />
Grouped Y series on location<br />
<br />
<br />
now the requirement is I want to have terminal in the place of Location ,Please refer to the query once<br />
if i run the report with terminal as group on Y Series , I see a blank report Can you tell me where I have to do the modifications ?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Chandra
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'chandra t'" data-cid="116154" data-time="1366397412" data-date="19 April 2013 - 11:50 AM"><p>
SELECT sr.ticketid,sr.failurecode,sr.location,(CASE WHEN substr(sr.LOCATION,1,4) = 'TBIT' THEN 'TBIT'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER02' THEN 'TER01'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER03' THEN 'TER02'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER04' THEN 'TER03'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER05' THEN 'TER04'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER06' THEN 'TER05'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER07' THEN 'TER06'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER08' THEN 'TER07'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TER09' THEN 'TER08'WHEN substr(LOCATION,1,5) = 'TERBT' THEN 'BUS TERMINAL'ELSE 'All Others'END) AS Terminal from sr LEFT OUTER JOIN failurecode on sr.failurecode=failurecode.failurecode<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
Try executing the query outside of BORT. It seems to me that the query above is bad syntax (missing spaces before the WHEN)
chandra t
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mblock'" data-cid="116155" data-time="1366398491" data-date="19 April 2013 - 12:08 PM"><p>
Try executing the query outside of BORT. It seems to me that the query above is bad syntax (missing spaces before the WHEN)<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
able to get the results if I group by sr.failurecode,sr.location<br />
<br />
but if i group terminal it is showing terminal as invalid indetifier , guess it needs some work around
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'chandra t'" data-cid="116156" data-time="1366399072" data-date="19 April 2013 - 12:17 PM"><p>
able to get the results if I group by sr.failurecode,sr.location<br />
<br />
but if i group terminal it is showing terminal as invalid indetifier , guess it needs some work around<br /></p></blockquote>
Are you able to show the data in a table in a report?
chandra t
Thanks for following up, Yes finally got the required out put
have a QQ In between , working on some other reports
have report group on ownergroup, if the ownergroup value is null want to display on the top
when I run the query in DB it is showing fine but in report its not any inputs from your side?
Thanks
micajblock
In a test report when i grouped on field null grouping comes first. Are you sure it is null? Please open on the forum post for this question.
chandra t
Sure Any ways will open a thread for this
Thanks