Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter scope/visibility with scripted datasets
jboydnolan
Hello,
I have a report setup that uses a combination of a cascading parameter group and a separate boolean parameter represented as a checkbox. The cascading group populates based on script datasets backed by java classes.
Functionally the report provides a list of customer orders and the cascading group lets you select a company, division, then list of customers. The check box controls whether or not closed orders are included in the report. All of this works fine when submitting the parameter set to generate the report.
I've now got a requirement to retrieve my list of customers based on the setting of the "include closed orders" checkbox. This is because some customers may not have any open orders, to controlling the list of customers you see during the parameter loading is needed.
My problem is that the current value of all the report parameters don't seem to show up in the report context when I am inside the backing java classes. The current values of the cascading parameters are there, but the current state of the checkbox is not. The parameter is there, but is left at the default value. It's only when submitting the entire report request that I see the current value of the checkbox.
Is there any way to get access to these current parameter settings while in the middle of the cascading operations? If not, does anyone have suggestions on how I can accomplish this?
Thanks for any input or advice you can share.
Boyd
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet