Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding In Missing Dates from Data Set into Report
hulmea
Sorry I posted this twice by mistake. I can't see how to remove this one.
Hi All,
I am sure I am approaching this wrongly. I have a data set with the following data from a db. For this example the data is time spent in a shop.
Parameters:
Paramater Start Date = Sep 01
Paramater End Date = Sep 05
Data Set:
Datetime | Minutes Spent in Shop
Sep 01, 2012 3:36 AM | 10
Sep 02, 2012 5:36 AM | 20
Sep 05, 2012 5:36 AM | 10
This I cannot change. In the report I do not want to have missing dates. So for example with this data I would have a list that would not contain the Sep 03 and 04.
In My report I would like it to read.
Sep 01 | 10
Sep 02 | 20
Sep 03 | 0
Sep 04 | 0
Sep 05 | 10
Would it be best to create a scripted data set using the start and end parameters and joining them? I am not sure if this is even possible.
Thanks for looking
Andy Hulme
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
One possible solution would be grabbing the values from your dataset and placing them in a persistent global variable array and then you could add the missing dates and create an HTML table in your report.
bricombs
Good Day<br />
You could also look at the following sample from our Dev Share:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1006-add-missing-dates-to-chart-category--table/'>Add
missing dates to chart category / table</a>
hulmea
Thanks guys some great advice here. I will let you know how I get on.
Andy Hulme