Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
TOC with number page
kratos
Hello,
I created a TOC table, but do not know how to get the page number of the bound element. Any ideas?
What I want to return something like this:
index
diagram 1 ................................. pag.4
diagram 2 ................................. pag 8
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at these devShares:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1080-another-report-with-printable-table-of-contents-(toc)/
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1523-simplified-printable-table-of-contents/
kratos
hi,
I can't see page number anywhere. If I throw the birt viewer I see this:
Product line
page number
classic car
classiccar
and if I throw in pdf page number is blank
What can be happening?
regards
mwilliams
The samples are not working correctly? What is your BIRT version?
kratos
my birt version is 2.6.2
kratos
please i need help quickly!!
kratos
anybody can help me?????
Thanks for nothing. Please, Next time give examples that work.
kratos
sorry, I had not seen what time it was. But please, I need to run this.
kratos
Hello again, I get the following error in the preview
The following items have errors:
Data (id = 304):
+ There are errors evaluating script "var map = reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable (" tocMap ");
this.setDisplayValue (map.get (this.getValue ())); "
TypeError: Can not call method "get" of null
mwilliams
The designs in the devShare posts above do work. I'm not certain the issue that you're having with them. My guess is that you're not running with separate run and render tasks, which from the designer means running to the web viewer, then exporting to your desired output. This is mentioned specifically within at least one of the entries above. Please take a look at this design. It is from my machine and I just ran it in 2.6.2 and it works. Let me know if you have an issue with it.
kratos
hello again,
say my birt version is 2.6.2, but (I believe it has nothing to do) my work environment is Rational Software Architect v 8.5. I attached a picture where you can see I do not see anywhere on the page number.
kratos
Another test, I launched from eclipse JUNO and neither works.
mwilliams
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="116532" data-time="1367936143" data-date="07 May 2013 - 07:15 AM"><p>
My guess is that you're not running with separate run and render tasks, which from the designer means running to the web viewer, then exporting to your desired output. This is mentioned specifically within at least one of the entries above.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
As stated above, you'll need to run in the web viewer to see this. The preview tab does not use separate run and render tasks, so the page values rendered in the first table will not have been gotten from the second table. This is the reason that the map.get was causing you errors before. Take a look at the attached image. If you run it that way, this report will work, as should the ones in my original post.<br />
<br />
kratos
hello, actually with the web viewer works. I have explained bad, because where I work is throwing with PDF. There is a way to see the numbering exporting the report to PDF?
Thanks for your patience.
mwilliams
If you run to the web viewer and export to PDF from the toolbar, it will work. If/when you deploy the web viewer and reports to an application server, you'd call the designs with the frameset URL mapping and use the URL parameter _format=pdf. If you run your reports with Java, you'd simply use the separate run and render tasks. Only from the designer do you need to run it to the viewer first.
kratos
thanks Michael,
you've given me a lot of help. Again excuse me. ^_^
Regards
mwilliams
You're welcome!