Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Overridding menu items
PaulD
I have a customer requirement to modify certain fields in a DCR if that DCR is copied to another directory (within the /templatedata/cat/type/data dir). Is seems I am unable override the 'Copy' menu item so I'm looking into creating a new one -- something I hesitate since we are creating a large number of menu items as is.
Are menu items the way to go? Is there another way to imlement functionality like this?
Also, do we have access to the same functions/methods/clt's that the 'Copy' menu item uses? Does the 'iwcp' perform the same copy, with the metadata and file attributes moving with it? Or am I looking into manually move these along with the file itself?
Thanks
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
iwcp does copy both file and extended attributes, so thats a plus.
I guess you could look at using a trigger on creating files.
But it may impact performance if it occurs quite often, though I have no idea how much of an impact it may be.
Aside from that, looking at the iw.cfg.example file, it shows that you can remove the copy command....
# In this section specify the menu items and buttons that
# you would like to remove from the browser UI for specific
# roles. For e.g., history="editor, author" will remove
# the history command from the view menu for editors and authors.
# use the short cut "all" to mean all TeamSite roles.
[ui_remove_menu_items]
#changetmplui="all"
#compare="all"
#copy="author"
#copyto="all"
#delete="all"
that being said you could then put in a custom menu item to do your stuff, either by starting a cgi, or kicking off a workflow.
John Cuiuli