Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cookies based authentication for data sources
abf
Hi,
I am new to BIRT, and I have some questions.
Is it possible to use BIRT with cookies based authentication for data sources (JDDBC, web service...) at run time?
I have successfully set the JDBC properties (user name and password) at run time (as parameters), but, this method didn't meet our needs (the user shouldn't type his user name and password twice: once for accessing to the application and the other for generating the report).
The user must type his user name and password only one time, in the first access to the application, then, BirtViewer extract the LTPA token from cookies to use it as authentication properties in data source.
Is that possible without implementing extensions nor modifying source code?
Thanks,
abf
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
abf
I think that scripted Data sources are the solution for this scenario. I will try that.
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. Let me know if your idea doesn't work out for you!
Jegres2
<p><span><span>Were you able to</span> <span>solve this problem</span><span>?</span></span></p><p><span><span><span><span>I need to use</span> <span>the same</span> <span>session for the</span> <span>application</span> <span>and</span> <span>birt,</span> <span>to avoid</span> <span>double-authorization and using share session-context on server-side</span></span></span></span></p>