Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem, skipping header on 1st page still uses header space
Jim Phelps
I'm able to not display a report header on the first page by simply not selecting the "Show header on first" option; however, the first page is shifted down by the amount of header on the rest of the pages in the report.
Does anyone know how to prevent the first page from beginning below the space the header consumes. For example, I have a header with height of .9 inches. It contains a Grid of .9 inches. The header is not displayed on the first page; however, the first page contents begins .9 inches down from the margin.
Many thanks for the answer.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Unfortunately, I think this is an issue that can only be avoided by creating separate master pages and separating your report content to use the appropriate master page. This has been an enhancement that has been requested before, to be able to use different master pages within a single element, but it has not yet made it into a release. You could always request this enhancement in the bugzilla at eclipse.org/birt. I'll take a closer look and see if there's something else that can be done for this. I'll let you know if I find something.
Jim Phelps
Thanks a lot for the info. I'm not familiar with report sections, but will try to figure out using the multiple master pages. If you have an example that would be appreciated. We are using BIRT in RSA 8.0.4. If I get the solution I'll post it here.
mwilliams
Essentially what you'd need to do would be if your report consists of a table that spans, say, four pages, you'd use two tables. The first you'd filter to only include a single page's worth of data. The second you'd filter to disclude the data from the first. You'd create different master pages for each, then attach one to the fist table and the other to the second table. Hope this helps. I can create an example, if you'd like. Just let me know your BIRT version.
Jim Phelps
Thanks, I got it working. Saw where I needed to insert a Master Page and then mark them both as display on 1st page and then add them as the Master Page to be used from the property list Master Page drop downs on the relevant grid rows related being on the first page of my report and then the table in the grid row residing on 1 or more pages following the 1st page. Wasn't so bad. The following topic was very helpful:
BIRT: Multiple Master Pages with no scripting
If all problems were only so easy to solve
Regards,
Jim
mwilliams
Glad you got it working!
Let us know whenever you have questions!
Jim Phelps
I've got a new question... going to start new thread.<br />
<br />
I'm having getting a watermark image to work.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="116655" data-time="1368206207" data-date="10 May 2013 - 10:16 AM"><p>
Glad you got it working!
Let us know whenever you have questions!<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Sounds good. Looks like Brian picked that one up. Good luck!