Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to use ExtJs in BIRT Report
A Nishant
I was successful in linking the js and css files of extjs in the birt report.
But the api is not functioning properly. Numerous js errors are reported from prototype.js, line 464.
I think the api are conflicting somewhere.
Is there any proper way of using extjs, because my complete application is built in extjs and I need the same kind of UI in the report to display some information.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
What errors are you getting?
A Nishant
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="116723" data-time="1368486157" data-date="13 May 2013 - 04:02 PM"><p>
What errors are you getting?<br /></p></blockquote>
The error is like this :<br />
Array length must be assigned a finite positive number<br />
prototype.js line 464 char 5<br />
<br />
This error is when I fire following command: <br />
Ext.MessageBox.alert('Success');<br />
<br />
The alert box appears nicely, but does not function properly.<br />
Also if I drag it, the same error is thrown numerous times and the functionality of the alert box is lost completely, although it still appears on the screen.<br />
<br />
After dragging, ok button and close button do not work at all.<br />
<br />
Same error is there if I make a window.<br />
<br />
Please help.
johnw
Depending on how your application is being built, you might want to consider not using the example web viewer if it is causing a JS conflict. You can interface directly with the report engine and have it output HTML, or using the example servlet just pass in the preview mode options so that it does not run within the example viewer. This will eliminate the prototype.js inclusions that are used in the example viewer. I've done something similar using GWT using GXT (the GWT import of ExtJS) to bring in BIRT reports.
A Nishant
<p>My birt reports were loaded in an iframe in my jsp which was using ExtJs.</p><p>Hence I was able to call each and every method of ExtJs in birt reports by using 'parent.method();'.</p>