Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT4.2.2 Viewer is not working on Linux (2.6)
hkseeram
We are in the process of upgrading from BIRT3.7.2 to BIRT4.2.2. BIRT Viewer is working fine on Windows application. But after we deploy our application on to Linux(2.6.18-308.8.2.el5) BIRT Viewer is not working. Here are the steps we followed upgrading to BIRT4.2.2:
1) Replaces all BIRT3.7.2 jar files with BIRT4.2.2
2) Replace webcontent/birt directory with BIRT4.2.2 webcontent/birt directory.
3) No Code changes ? I believe reports that were developed with BIRT3.7.2 should work with BIRT4.2.2.
We used HTTP Watcher to monitor pocket stream. We see lot of ?ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT? errors.
Screen shot is attached here for your review. This is show stopper for us moving to BIRT4.2.2.
Our application is running on JBOSS7.1.1Final.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Krishna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you're simply replacing all the jars rather than copying in a new webviewer war? I'll have to give this a try. I've never attempted it that way. I've got both runtimes and JBOSS 7.1 already, so a quick test shouldn't take me too much time. I'll let you know.
hkseeram
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="116764" data-time="1368557694" data-date="14 May 2013 - 11:54 AM"><p>
So, you're simply replacing all the jars rather than copying in a new webviewer war? I'll have to give this a try. I've never attempted it that way. I've got both runtimes and JBOSS 7.1 already, so a quick test shouldn't take me too much time. I'll let you know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Williams,<br />
<br />
I used birt.war from birt-runtime4.2.2.zip file. I am still getting the same error. Here is the server logging attached here in zip file.<br />
<br />
Krishna
mwilliams
I'm not seeing an error in there. I've got a meeting right now, but I'll try to set it up while I'm on the call.
mwilliams
I don't see the same issue with 4.2.2 on JBoss7.1.1. Have you tried in other browsers besides IE? I don't see a problem in IE, but I'd be interested to hear your results. Also, what is your IE version?
hkseeram
I am using IE8 also I tried on Firefox18.0.1. No difference I am getting the same error.
I am using straight JBOSS7.1.1final and birt.war out of box, still I am seeing the same error. I can open the index page. but when I open View Example link I get above mentioned error.
Krishna
mwilliams
Wow. I totally skipped over the fact about it working fine on Windows. :unsure: So, my testing was worthless. Sorry about that. I'm having a colleague with a Linux machine try it out and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back.
mwilliams
What version/distro of Linux are you using?
mwilliams
He installed 4.2.2 viewer into JBOSS 7.1.1 Final on Ubuntu 13.04 x64 with java openjdk-7-jdk. There was no issue with his viewer. What version of Java are you using?
hkseeram
Linux 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5. and Java JDK1.7.017
I used HTTP Watcher to inspect pocket stream and I noticed 404 error when it is looking up for index.css and while loading images I am seeing the http status code as "ERROR_INTERNET_CANNONT_CONNECT" message.
Any idea what is that mean? Please look at the attached screen shot.
mwilliams
He wasn't able to try with your exact version, but found a distro that was very close to that one and had no issues with everything looking correctly.
His setup:
CentOS 2.6.18-8.el5xen
openjdk-7-jdk
JBOSS 7.1.1 Final
Running Firefox 20.0.1
He ran the same http watcher as you did and got errors with the css, but not the same as yours and they didn't seem to cause any problems.
I've asked him to try the 4.2.2 OSGi runtime, in case you are using that. I'll let you know what happens.
hkseeram
Michael,<br />
<br />
We are using POJO runtime. We are currently running with BIRT3.7.2 in production. We are upgrading from BIRT3.7.2 to BIRT4.2.2. <br />
<br />
I opened BIRT logging (org.eclipse.birt) at debug level from JBOSS configuration. I noticed in the log file that the output document is created at ?<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb/documents/<span class='bbc_underline'>BIRTDOCvxiMNU45lpFbSCRZ1pNosfd4.undefined/20130515_102811_598/DD633-4_PERF.rptdocument</span></em></strong>?. <br />
<br />
I don't see neither "BIRTDOCvxiMNU45lpFbSCRZ1pNosfd4.undefined" directory nor ourput document file (.rptdocument) is created in this directory. Also I don?t see any error messages. <br />
<br />
My questions is what preventing to create output document. Can you tell me what jar file is used that creates the output document when you run reports in preview mode? <br />
<br />
Krishna<br />
<br />
The following content is from JBOSS server log file (server.log):<br />
<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,598 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] ReportEngine.openReportDocument: systemId=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb/WEB-INF/classes/reports/DD633-4_PERF.rptdesign, file=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb/documents/BIRTDOCvxiMNU45lpFbSCRZ1pNosfd4.undefined/20130515_102811_598/DD633-4_PERF.rptdocument, options={resourceFolder=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb, semanticCheck=false}<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,601 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] ReportEngine.openReportDesign: name=file:/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb/WEB-INF/classes/reports/DD633-4_PERF.rptdesign, designStream=java.io.FileInputStream@2f59f46d, options={3}<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,728 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] ReportEngine.createGetParameterDefinitionTask: reportRunnable=org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportRunnable@23ebcb9a<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,732 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setAppContext: context=PARENT_CLASSLOADER=ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.ACES.war:main" from Service Module Loader;webapplication.projectclasspath=;<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,733 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setLocale: locale=English (United States)<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,737 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setAppContext: context=PARENT_CLASSLOADER=ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.ACES.war:main" from Service Module Loader;CHART_RESOLUTION=null;org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.dataset.cache.option=false;org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.cube.inmemory.size=0;webapplication.projectclasspath=;BIRT_VIEWER_HTTPSERVET_REQUEST=org.springframework.security.web.firewall.RequestWrapper@5a96465d;birt.viewer.resource.path=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb;<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,739 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setAppContext: context=PARENT_CLASSLOADER=ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.ACES.war:main" from Service Module Loader;webapplication.projectclasspath=;BIRT_VIEWER_HTTPSERVET_REQUEST=org.springframework.security.web.firewall.RequestWrapper@5a96465d;<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,744 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] ReportEngine.createGetParameterDefinitionTask: reportRunnable=org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportRunnable@23ebcb9a<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,745 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setAppContext: context=PARENT_CLASSLOADER=ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.ACES.war:main" from Service Module Loader;webapplication.projectclasspath=;<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,746 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setLocale: locale=English (United States)<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,747 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setAppContext: context=PARENT_CLASSLOADER=ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.ACES.war:main" from Service Module <br />
Loader;CHART_RESOLUTION=null;org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.dataset.cache.option=false;org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.cube.inmemory.size=0;webapplication.projectclasspath=;BIRT_VIEWER_HTTPSERVET_REQUEST=org.springframework.security.web.firewall.RequestWrapper@5a96465d;birt.viewer.resource.path=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb;<br />
2013-05-15 10:28:11,749 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-5]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] EngineTask.setAppContext: context=PARENT_CLASSLOADER=ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.ACES.war:main" from Service Module Loader;webapplication.projectclasspath=;BIRT_VIEWER_HTTPSERVET_REQUEST=org.springframework.security.web.firewall.RequestWrapper@5a96465d;<br />
2013-05-15 10:50:37,696 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-4]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] ReportEngine.openReportDocument: systemId=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb/WEB-INF/classes/reports/DD633-4_PERF.rptdesign, file=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb/documents/BIRTDOCvxiMNU45lpFbSCRZ1pNosfd4.undefined/20130515_105037_695/DD633-4_PERF.rptdocument, options={resourceFolder=/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb, semanticCheck=false}<br />
2013-05-15 10:50:37,699 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-4]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] ReportEngine.openReportDesign: name=file:/apps/aces/app/jboss/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp29d7540ffd8b6004/ACES.war-74a88babc2616ecb/WEB-INF/classes/reports/DD633-4_PERF.rptdesign, designStream=java.io.FileInputStream@4185525c, options={3}<br />
2013-05-15 10:50:37,813 FINE [http-0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0-8080-4]: [org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine] ReportEngine.createGetParameterDefinitionTask: reportRunnable=org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportRunnable@12682fa
mwilliams
The preview mapping doesn't create a report document, so there should be no issue with that. You can use the preview to run a report from the .rptdesign or from a generated .rptdocument. You might try downloading a fresh install of the BIRT 4.2.2 runtime. Possibly you got a bad download from the mirror you downloaded from. It does happen.
hkseeram
Michael,
The basic issue is that the returned BIRT frameset content contains Base URL address doesn't match with referer URL address that is used by our application. I changed frameset requests to use referer URL and that fixed birt viewer issues.
Here is the modified code to fix BIRT Viewer issue:
// Get the referer URL and strip off everything starting with the context
String refererUrl = new java.net.URL(request.getHeader("referer")).toString();
refererUrl = refererUrl.substring(0, refererUrl.indexOf(request.getContextPath()));
// base href can be defined in config file for deployment.
String baseHref = refererUrl;
// base href can be defined in config file for deployment.
//String baseHref = request.getScheme( ) + "://" + request.getServerName( ) + ":" + request.getServerPort( );
Thanks for your help
Krishna
mwilliams
Ah. Very good. Glad you were able to solve the issue. Thanks for updating the thread, too!