Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy query
System
Hi...
I've an Oracle table with three fields Name, Title and Image. and I'm using to populate this table with a DCR using Datadeploy. My configuration file is
<deployment name="TestDeploy">
<source>
<teamsite-templating-records options="full,wide" area="$myarea">
<path filelist="$myfilelist" visit-directory="deep"/>
</teamsite-templating-records>
</source>
<destinations>
<database db="mydatabase:1521:bpoint70" user="system" password="manager" vendor="oracle" update-type="base" table="TESTDATADEPLOY">
<select>
<column name="HEADER" data-type="VARCHAR(100)" value-from-field="Header" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="PARAGRAPH" data-type="VARCHAR(100)" value-from-field="Page" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="URL" data-type="VARCHAR(100)" value-from-field="SampleImage" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
</select>
</database>
</destinations>
</deployment>
I'm calling a perl script to pass parameters to this ddconfig file. It is deploying all the DCRs i specify in the filelist file. But my problem is when i modify and deploy again it is "Inserting" ("not Updating the existing record") a new record into the table for the modified DCR.
I want to know if thats the way Datadeploy works? If it doesnt work like its working in my case, what do i need to change in the configuration file, so that it instead of Inserting a new row for modified DCR , it updates the corresponding row in the database table?
Does it make any difference to Datadeploy if I'm deploying to the User-defined schema?
I dont know I'm creating "Delta " Table and "tracker" tables or not...
Please Help....
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You need to set the flag real-update="yes" in the database section for real updates. delete+insert is the default way of updating if this flag is not specified.
Its better to use User defined DB schema (UDDS). With UDDS you can group your data into multiple tables and you can specify relationships between the various groups as opposed to grouping all columns into one table (with non-UDDS). You could hit Database limits by having too many columns in one table.
Migrateduser
so, if i specify real-update="yes" it doesnt insert a new row when the DCR is modified and deployed again?
Migrateduser
Thats correct. However if you change key columns in a group, DD will delete the row and then insert