Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Values not displayed in detail row?
AndrewBDP
Greetings BIRT Experts!
I have a couple of columns in a report where decimal values should be displayed but the rows are blank. Another table is joined off of this table and the correct text values are rendered.
I have double-checked the Information Object and all appears to be correct.
Can you provide some direction regarding the best way to debug this situation?
Thanks!
Andrew
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What's the original database type? Is this something you could recreate and attach in here for me to see/try it? The only times I've seen what you're describing is on a mistyped field, but the fact that a joint dataSet then shows the values correctly seems odd.
AndrewBDP
Good morning Mr. Williams,
Original database type is MS SQL 2008. Not sure how to approach sending to you to see if you can reproduce. I'm very new to Actuate and there's a huge amount of information to absorb. 8)
Any thoughts on a good way to debug this situation?
Kind Regards,
Andrew
P.S. I'm using Actuate BIRT Designer Professional IDE rather than Eclipse. Pretty sure that will affect the debug methodology.
mwilliams
What happens if you delete the data element and put a dynamic text box with the field you're wanting to display instead? If you create an IO using the sample database, does the same happen? Or with similar data to what you have in your database coming from a flat file or something, instead? This way I could try to recreate the issue start to finish the same way.
AndrewBDP
Hello Mr. Williams,<br />
<br />
I will work with the scenarios you have noted ... thanks so much for your help btw!<br />
<br />
Kind Regards,<br />
Andrew<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>UPDATE:</strong> How about that! A dynamic text box outputs the correct data ... weird. Thanks again!
mwilliams
Great. Glad it worked. If you need to do formatting on the fields that you're using the dynamic text for, you can use a standard text box and use the <value-of> tag with format attributes to format, rather than doing it all yourself in the dynamic textbox.