Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Column binding, display multiple records
janakiram
Hi,
I am trying to display multiple records in a table column.
I have two tables X and Y. X table has hasMany relationship with Y table.
X table has below attributes:
1.Status
2.Type
3.CompletionTime
Y table has below attributes:
1.Y-Type
2.CreatedCount
3.UpdatedCount
I want to display all the records(Y) that are associated for each X record in same row.
Result table column names are 'Status','Type','CompletionTime','Y-data'. In 'Y-data' column I want to display records from Y table like below:
Y-Type:STS
CreatedCount:2
UpdatedCount:1
Y-Type:TST
CreatedCount:4
UpdatedCount:3
I have added column binding to Y-data column, and bind a data set which is returning multiple records(from Y table) based on X id, but report is displaying only one record
Please suggest me on this.
This is my first post and I am very new to birt report, please let me know if I miss any thing
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bricombs
Good Day
I sounds like you are wanting to create a report that contains a subreport.
Take a look at the following examples.
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/subreports/
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/birt2.1/subreport/
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/300-birt-subreports/
janakiram
Yes, I need sub report. I have gone through the links that you have provided, my issue is resolved now. Thanks for the reply