Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Watermarks
Jim Phelps
I've tried a couple watermark addon's but haven't gotten them to work with our BIRT designer embedded in RSA.
Does anyone know how to create a watermark to use conditionally?
I need to have a watermark "Test Invoice" or similar text preferably going diagnolly across the page as a background watermark.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bricombs
Good Day
Have you taken a look at the following samples on our DevShare?
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1292-watermark-examples/
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/917-conditional-watermark/
Jim Phelps
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'bricombs'" data-cid="116952" data-time="1369065828" data-date="20 May 2013 - 09:03 AM"><p>
Good Day<br />
Have you taken a look at the following samples on our DevShare?<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1292-watermark-examples/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1292-watermark-examples/</a><br
/>
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/917-conditional-watermark/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/917-conditional-watermark/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
Jim Phelps
I am creating pdf files and I tried the following 2 approaches from the examples.
I put the image.jpg into the resource folder, made it the background image of the master page.
Created the pdf file report....don't see the watermark.
I then tried making a new style where the background is the image in the resource folder.
I then added the style to the master page, created the pdf file report and don't see the water mark.
Any help to solve this is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Jim
bricombs
Good Day
I followed the steps from the BIRT World blog on creating a watermark and I worked fine for me. It showed up in both normal report and PDF.
I have attached my sample.
Jim Phelps
Still couldn't get it to work!
Could be related to the version of BIRT?
In design view it's showing the "This is a watermark" on the master pages
When I tried to load your .rptdesign I got the following pop up:
"The report file of version "3.2.23" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supported one."
Here's some of the report xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design"
; version="3.2.22" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.2.r262_v20110209 Build <2.6.2.v20110214-1523></property>
..............
</style>
<style name="WaterMark" id="2186">
<property name="backgroundImage">resources/report/watermark.jpg</property>
<property name="backgroundRepeat">no-repeat</property>
<property name="showIfBlank">true</property>
</style>
</styles>
..............
<page-setup>
<simple-master-page name="Blank first page" id="2">
<property name="orientation">portrait</property>
<property name="topMargin">0in</property>
<property name="bottomMargin">0.10416666666666667in</property>
<property name="style">WaterMark</property>
<property name="canShrink">true</property>
<property name="showHeaderOnFirst">true</property>
<property name="showFooterOnLast">false</property>
<property name="headerHeight">0.1in</property>
<property name="footerHeight">0in</property>
</simple-master-page>
<simple-master-page name="Header Page 2 and beyond" id="2136">
<property name="style">WaterMark</property>
<property name="showHeaderOnFirst">true</property>
<property name="showFooterOnLast">false</property>
<property name="headerHeight">0.9in</property>
<property name="footerHeight">0in</property>
<page-header>
<grid id="2137">
.........................................
Thanks for any advice.
Jim
bricombs
Good Day
I used version 3.7.2 to create the sample. I don't know of any issues using earlier versions with watermarks.
You may want to try changing the XML to make my sample look like the same version you are using to see if that works. You could also try and pull down a newer version to test with as 2.6.2 version is over 2 years old.