Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Datadeploy sql
olivierb
Hi
I would like to use sql command inside my datadeploy config file, I looked inside tthe doc but the example are not very clear. Any help would be welcome, what I would like to do is : using datadeploy deleting some rows inside the database
I have tried the tag <db-producer-query> but without success
Thanks for the help
Olivier
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You can use the iwdd-op option as shown below:
config:
<deployment name= "select">
<destinations>
<database
use = "oracle9i"
table = "no-table-needed">
<sql user-action="runquery" type="query">
select * from bookexec
</sql>
</database>
</destinations>
Invocation:
iwdd.ipl cfg=deployment.cfg deployment=select iwdd-op=do-sql user-op=runquery
Migrateduser
Not sure which version of the DataDeploy docs you have, but the latest DataDeploy 5.6 Admin Guide (April 2003 edition) explains the db-producer-query element on p. 186. There's also an example that uses this element on p. 72.
I suppose you could also call a stored procedure, as described on p. 153.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Ottawa_IWOV
is there anywhere you can store the results of the query for use?
Lucas Cochrane
lucas.cochrane@baucanada.com
Ottawa_IWOV
Sorry, posted b4 I read the documentation
Lucas Cochrane
lucas.cochrane@baucanada.com
Ottawa_IWOV
It seems that for this element you cannot pass command line variables for more detailed SQL statements. This functionlity is support in sql-user action, why not in db-producer query??
Lucas Cochrane
lucas.cochrane@baucanada.com