Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table footer
BirtCalgar
I am designing a Purchase Order report that has a po and a poline table. If the po has a dozens of lines then the po will require multiple pages. I use a table footer to display the grand total price on the last page.
However, how do I display a different table footer at the bottom of the poline table for the other pages. For example, if I wanted to add a piece of text that says "continued" and a line where the client can add initials, etc. I don't want to use a regular page footer because I don't want it on the "fine print" terms and conditions pages that come at the end of the po.
I am using BIRT 3.7.1
Thanks
Tim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
How I would do this is use the master page footer on all the pages except the last since the table will fill all the way to the bottom with something like this from the onCreate() of a label in the master page.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
if(pageNumber < totalPage) {
// Add your text here
}else{
// Show last page footer information
}</pre>
<br />
Then you could add a footer to your table so on the last page it'll show right bellow the table.
BirtCalgar
Thanks for the help.
I added the following text in the onCreate of a label in the master page footer. However the text always displayed "SHOW" on every page.
if (pageNumber < totalPage){
setText ("HIDE");
} else {
setText("SHOW");
}
I have also been thinking of another way to do this. I tried using a PersistentGlobalVariable to control the visibility of a grid in the master footer. The variable was set to "N" in the onCreate of the GrandTotal field. I then tried placing vars["ShowFooter"] == "Y" in the visibility expression but the footer always displayed.
The idea was that as soon as the Grand Total field was created in the report then I wanted to end the display of my master page footer.