Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
JVM crashes when generating PDF file
Lu?s O.
Helo all...<br />
<br />
I'm getting an error when generating a PDG using BIRT Framework.<br />
<br />
The error happens in Java JVM. The log I'm getting:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR (0xc0000006) at pc=0x0190f0be, pid=5848, tid=2392
#
# JRE version: 7.0_09-b05
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (23.5-b02 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
**# Problematic frame:
# J java.nio.MappedByteBuffer.load()Ljava/nio/MappedByteBuffer;**
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\luis\Desktop\teste\birt\hs_err_pid5848.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#</pre>
<br />
The code I'm using to generate the PDF is as follows:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
config.setEngineHome("C:\\BIRT\\birt-runtime-4_2_2\\ReportEngine");
config.setLogConfig("C:/BIRT/logs", Level.FINE);
Platform.startup(config);
final IReportEngineFactory FACTORY = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform.createFactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);
IReportEngine engine = FACTORY.createReportEngine(config);
engine.changeLogLevel(Level.WARNING);
// Open the report design
final IReportRunnable DESIGN = engine.openReportDesign("C:\\birt\\src\\report.rptdesign");
final IRunAndRenderTask TASK = engine.createRunAndRenderTask(DESIGN);
TASK.setParameterValues(PARAMETERS);
TASK.validateParameters();
final PDFRenderOption HTML_OPTIONS = new PDFRenderOption();
HTML_OPTIONS.setOutputFileName("C:/birt/output.pdf");
HTML_OPTIONS.setOutputFormat("pdf");
TASK.setRenderOption(HTML_OPTIONS);
TASK.run();
TASK.close();
engine.shutdown();
Platform.shutdown();</pre>
<br />
Thank you all. Regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you using the OSGi runtime? Or the POJO runtime? If the POJO (this is the main runtime download), remove the setEngineHome line and see what happens. Let me know.
Lu?s O.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="117086" data-time="1369246227" data-date="22 May 2013 - 11:10 AM"><p>
Are you using the OSGi runtime? Or the POJO runtime? If the POJO (this is the main runtime download), remove the setEngineHome line and see what happens. Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks for the answer. I really appreciate it. <br />
<br />
The POJO runtime is the 3.7 series right? <br />
<br />
Anyway, I tried with both versions 4.2.2 and 3.7.2, with and without the setEngineHome line and I always got the same error.<br />
<br />
I tried in 2 other computers and the same code works fine in both of them. So, I also tried to reinstall Java in my machine, but the same error happens. <br />
<br />
Any ideas?<br />
Thanks again
mwilliams
The POJO runtime started with 3.7. The OSGi runtime became available again in 3.7.2 on, but the POJO is still the main runtime download.
What version of Java are the other two machines using?
Lu?s O.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="117125" data-time="1369326965" data-date="23 May 2013 - 09:36 AM"><p>
The POJO runtime started with 3.7. The OSGi runtime became available again in 3.7.2 on, but the POJO is still the main runtime download.<br />
<br />
What version of Java are the other two machines using?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
One is running the same version JDK 1_7_07 and the other is running JDK 1_7_0_21. Works perfect in both. <br />
<br />
I also tried to downgrade the Java version to JDK 1.5 with BIRT 3.7.2, but still nothing. <br />
<br />
Thanks again for your help.
mwilliams
Can you post what is in the log file that is listed in your first post?
Lu?s O.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="117232" data-time="1369804200" data-date="28 May 2013 - 10:10 PM"><p>
Can you post what is in the log file that is listed in your first post?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Done. I attached the log file to my original post.<br />
<br />
I'm sorry it took me so long, but only today I had access to the computer in question. <br />
<br />
Thanks
mwilliams
Hmmm. From the looks of some of the numbers showing for the % used on the heap and permgen, it almost looks like it might be a problem with maxing those out.