Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar/Area Chart - Pattern Fill - Higher DPI Scaling
josephnina
Hi,
I have a BIRT chart with a bar graph which is filled with a pattern.
The default Image DPI of 96 provides me with the correct size and scale for the pattern, but this dpi is not enough for printing needs. The moment I increase the Image dpi (Chart / Advanced properties )to 300, the pattern becomes smaller and virtually indistinguishable.
Is there a way we can provide a better pattern of higher scale(instead of 8x8 that designer provides). I am assuming the Bitmap tag represents this pattern and maybe there is a way to provide it.
If not, is there any other workaround to make the predefined pattern scale. In designer it looks good, but in the webviewer, it changes. See Attached image comparing results with designer mode.
Below is the palette definition is have.
<SeriesPalette>
<Entries xsi:type="attribute:PatternImage">
<Bitmap>-1085102596360827121</Bitmap>
<ForeColor>
<Transparency>100</Transparency>
<Red>0</Red>
<Green>0</Green>
<Blue>255</Blue>
</ForeColor>
<BackColor>
<Transparency>100</Transparency>
<Red>153</Red>
<Green>204</Green>
<Blue>255</Blue>
</BackColor>
</Entries>
Regards
Joseph
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
josephnina
Looks like the workaround solution was right there. I never noticed it.
Instead of using pattern option from the chart series palette, use the Image option and give a higher resolution tile pattern image. Birt uses the supplied image and uses the resolution of the image to fill your area. Here is an example tile.
Thanks
Joseph