Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
OutOfMemory error after upgrade from 2.6.2 to 4.2.2
gavrielkay
We've got a set of about 15 reports which have been running fine in various early versions of BIRT (up to version 2.6.2). I am now trying to update to the latest that's available to me - 4.2.2 - and now I'm getting OutOfMemory errors on running them. I'm only running them with test data, no more than 1000 rows of returned data. None of these reports had memory issues even on the customer site with 10s of thousands of records before. So... did something change? Is there an update I need to make to all the report definitions to bring them back to a reasonable memory usage?
I can't share the report definitions because they are confidential, but they aren't using anything particularly crazy. Just lists of data. No charts or anything. I re-saved them to update the report def. version.
We run against Oracle 11.2.0.3. Nothing in my local configuration changed except dropping in the latest BIRT. I get OOM errors through the web viewer embedded in our app and also through the preview viewer inside the report designer in Eclipse. Upping the JVM memory helps, but again, I never had to do that with the previous version.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at this bug report:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=402243
gavrielkay
Ok, setting the fetch size did it. Thanks! I looked all over but never thought to search on it being specific to Oracle.
mwilliams
Awesome! Glad it works. Let us know whenever you have questions!