Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Run Report on HTML / Load n rows
birtprofi
Hi guys,
I build a report with some Java-Script Functions. So the user is able to make some settings wihtin the report and then the settings are stored in my database. But for those function it is necessary to render the report in html format.
Now it could be, that the report is very large (1000 rows). And to render those rows in html the BIRT-Designer needs very long time.
So I would like to show the user for example the first 50 row?s. This would be no problem. I could set a filter, or change the sql syntax fo: "fetch first 100 records".
But I need something like this:
1. On the first run, the report shows the 50 rows in html.
2. Then the user could click to a button, for Example: "show me the next 50 rows". Now the report should print the rows 51 to 100 and so on.
How could I solve this issue?
best regards
rf
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/10/birt-progressive-viewing-during-render.html'>Here's
a good blog</a> showing how to setup progressive viewing which is what it sounds like your wanting to do. How is the report being viewed?
birtprofi
Hi, this is not exactly what I am searching for. Because I render the report in html format, so there is always only one page shown. But if I have a lot of row?s it needs a long time to build the html-report.
I will try something out. Maybe I could store a javascript variable with count of the whole fetched rows, and then work with a filter condition. If I find a good solution I will post it here.