Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Want to remove birt frame from report
shailu
Hi,
I have integrated birt with liferay for showing reports and charts.
I have written code at liferay side for running charts and removed navigation bar and tool bar using eclipse code as shown in attachment red square, but when I am performing drill down birt frame is coming once again which I don't want. Please help in in removing navigation bar and tool bar at birt designer side so that it won't bother me at liferay side....
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you're wanting none of the toolbar stuff, why not simply run them with the "run" mapping rather than the "frameset" mapping? Then, your drill downs would also be executed with "run" and would not have the viewer toolbars. Let me know.
shailu
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply. It solved my problem. Thanks a lot.
mwilliams
You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions!
shailu
HI Michael,
I have one more issue.
I have integrated birt reports and charts with liferay using code as below,
<birt:viewer showToolBar="false" showNavigationBar="false" showTitle="false" id="birtViewer"
reportDesign="Open Incidents Aging by Priority - All products - Drill Down.rptdesign"
baseURL="
http://localhost:8080/birt"
;
pattern="run"
height="500"
width="700"
format="html"></birt:viewer>
Sometimes what happens, if height and width of chart in .rptdesign file is not same as that of mentioned in above code, horzontal or vertical scrollbar appears. I want some solution so that charts can resize itself as per above specifications.
Thanks in advance.
mwilliams
Can you not just change the sizes of the charts in the report to match?
shailu
Hi Michael,
At present we are keeping height and width of charts as per height and width specified in liferay code. It's working fine on desktop, but when we see same charts on laptop, charts comes into 2/3rd area of liferay portlet and 1/3rd area appears gray.... So we wanted to re-size charts whatever may be the case.
Also at present we are showing two liferay portlets onto the screen and keeping sizes of charts as per portlet, but suppose if any user wants four charts at a time i.e. four portlets in liferay wording then we have to change size of charts in birt designer which will affect view of charts for other users. That's why I wanted to resize charts at run time..
mwilliams
If you resize the charts from the chart script based on a parameter or something you can send to the report letting it know what size it should be, that would work. Resizing on the client side is also a possibility, but the chart is just an image so the text size would change as you change the size.