Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter - set default value with a dynamic value
temand2000
Hi
I have a parameter linked to a dataset that contains some dates.
I would like to set default value as max (or min) of these dates.
I could order the list but if I run the report the default value is void.
How can I do it?
Thanks a lot.
Andrea
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Deros
I think you get something wrong, you link a parameter to a dataset to get the value of the parameter in the dataset not the other way around.
You can fill the parameter with a max or min value in the onFetch- Part of DataSetScript but why?
Just take the min/max value of the dataset to the report, or why you want the max/min value in some parameter as default?
temand2000
Thank you for your quick response ;-)
I tried to recreate (more or less) my situation with the sample DB (see attachment).
As you can see, if you run the report the fields "date_start" and "date_end" are initially empty.
But I would like to find written min value of "date_start" and max value "date_end"
Obviously the max and min dates may change each day :-)
I hope it was clear enough and sorry for my bad english
thanks for all ;-)
Andrea