Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Table based on Dataset Rowcount
lotusman
Hi All,
Here is my situation. I have a dataset that is going to return 1 column, but what I want to do is distribute the data across up to 3 columns depending on the rowcount. The dataset will be sorted alphabetically already.
If the rowcount is 10 rows or less, then only create one column in the table and centre it
If the rowcount is 11 to 20 rows, then create 2 columns with equal numbers of rows in each column (if an odd number, then put the extra in the first column)
Assuming 17 rows
Col1 Col2
---- ----
Row1 Row10
Row2 Row11
Row3 Row12
Row4 Row13
Row5 Row14
Row6 Row15
Row7 Row16
Row8 Row17
Row9
If the rowcount is 20+, then create 3 columns with equal number of rows in each column (with odd numbers in the first and possibly second row if needed)
I realize this is likely going to require dynamically allocating a table with 1-3 columns, then within each column place another table to dynamically filter based on bands of rows. I can't see another way to do it, but wondering if anyone else has tried tackling this scenario?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
You could make 3 separate tables, formatted for your 3 different scenarios, and then make the 2 you don't want invisible based on you rowcount.