Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwchgrp is not working in 5.52 SP3
System
Hi,
I am trying to use iwchgrp to change branch access permission. I cannot get it to work. The command is simple; and I do not believe I make any mistake on the command syntax. Has anyone actually tried to use it under 5.52 SP3? Is there any downside if I just change the branch permission through Windows File System?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
One downside to changing permissions in the Windows file system is that every file that has that has it's permissions changed will be considered modified by TeamSite. So you could end up modifing every file in your workarea by just changing permissions.
iwchgrp works for me. Try running it as the user who owns the branch. Are you getting any errors, or is it just not working?
StartPosition.ssd.zip
Migrateduser
Hi,
The command works for me now. However, it only works on the workarea and it, actually, adds the group you specified to the access permission list. Since it does not remove the original group, users in the original group still can access the workarea through mapped Y drive.