Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Web App Birt integration + Weird Driver Error
mdelapenya
Hello everybody!
I have this problem: I'm coding some reports on my laptop (Ubuntu 12.04), and all of them works well (as expected). But when I deploy them to production (Windows XP - small customer), only one of them fails.
I have integrated BIRT in a Java web application:
- I've a BirtServlet and BirtEngine classes in my App.
- I've copied MySQL driver in WEB-INF/platform/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127/drivers
- I've MySQL driver too in Tomcat7/lib folder
It is a weird error, because it relates to database, drivers, etc, but all of the reports should fail then because of this error, and in my case only one fails.
Help needed please!
This stacktrace:
07-jun-2013 22:14:55 org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager$DriverClassLoader addNewURL
INFO: JDBCDriverManager: found JAR file drivers/mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-bin.jar. URL=bundleentry://41.fwk19275957/drivers/mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-bin.jar
07-jun-2013 22:14:55 org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager openConnection
GRAVE: Unable to open connection.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, Communications link failure
The last packet successfully received from the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago..
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:262)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:212)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.connectByUrl(Connection.java:237)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.open(Connection.java:162)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:165)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:224)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:212)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:208)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:406)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:316)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:455)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:145)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:616)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:152)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:265)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1890)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:80)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ListItemExecutor.execute(ListItemExecutor.java:66)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:99)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:180)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(ReportEngineService.java:928)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runAndRenderReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:876)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunAndRenderActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunAndRenderActionHandler.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:89)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.presentation.aggregation.layout.EngineFragment.doService(EngineFragment.java:304)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.presentation.aggregation.AbstractBaseFragment.service(AbstractBaseFragment.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__doGet(BirtEngineServlet.java:119)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:156)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doPost(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:182)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at es.gme.helios.filters.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:78)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1008)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:1852)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
There is nothing different about this report's db connection? Using JNDI or connection profile?
mdelapenya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="117508" data-time="1370893152" data-date="10 June 2013 - 12:39 PM"><p>
There is nothing different about this report's db connection? Using JNDI or connection profile?<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi MWilliams, thanks for your interest.<br />
<br />
No, db's connections are the same: doing a DIFF for that XML element in both files shows that they are equals.
mwilliams
If you redesign the report from scratch, does the error occur again? Any way you can attach the report with the issue?
mdelapenya
Thank you for quick answer
I'll try that: creating from scratch. I always thought about that, but never had time....
Now it seems it's time!
Cheers
mwilliams
Yeah, just seems odd if there are absolutely no differences in your connection from one report to another that you'd get this error only on one report. Let me know.