Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can I point non-scripted dataset at the "maximoDataSource"??
kilo316
Hello,
I created a bunch of BIRT reports for my Maximo 7.1.1.9. They all work, but when I created the data source, I created a JDBC data source with hard coded values (did not used scripted datasource, nor scripted data sets). So when I transfer the report from dev to test, I have to change the database ports/password/etc.
Is there some way to point the datasets (non-scripted) to stop using the hardcoded jdbc datasource and instead use the server "maximoDataSource" ???
I know I should have used the maximo birt templates... live and learn... I just don't want to recode with scripted datasets if I can avoid it..
Thank yoU!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
In BIRT there is such a thing as a connection profile to do exactly this. Issue is that as far as I know there is no way to deploy this configuration to Maximo. Had IBM implemented connection profiles there might not have been a need for scripted data source and you could use a query builer.