Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cancel button on the parameter form
ajunuthula
Hi,
When running a report, paramter entry form is displayed, when clicked OK, report is run but what happens when
Cancel is clicked, what is the functionality?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
If the cancel button is pressed then the report isn't rendered. I placed system.out.println("scriptEvent") in several methods and ran eclipsec.exe to see if any were triggered and they were not. Is there something your trying to do when the cancel button is pressed?
ajunuthula
When a user clicks on "Cancel" button, can the browser go back to the previous screen/page.
Is this possible?
kclark
You could create a custom parameter page and then use something like this for your cancel button<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><input type="button" value="Cancel" onclick="goBack()"></pre>
ajunuthula
Thank you for the response.
How hard is it to create a custom parameter page that behaves exactly the way parameter page behaves with different buttons, formats,properties...
kclark
It's pretty easy to create a custom parameter page using the tag library. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display§ion=blog&blogid=45&showentry=453&#comment2118'>I
wrote a blog</a> on how to create one. If you follow that example you could just tag on that cancel/back button code next to the submit button to get the functionality you're wanting.
ajunuthula
I am trying to understand birt functionality in detail.
Is the parameter window a pop up? How does it link to the report?
I am thinking is there is a way when clicked on "Cancel", the report rather been displayed blank, can I add a html button or text to the blank report?
Please advice.
kclark
The parameter page is saved as a JSP page. You'll then save this on your server somewhere so it's accessible using a link like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://localhost:8080/birt/mypage.jsp</pre>
<br />
This won't be a popup but will display in a browser like a webpage. Since it's using the JSP tag library you can mix in your own html or javascript. So if you want the cancel button to do something like go back you can use something like what I posted above or you can have it run some other function if you need it to.<br />
<br />
A good resource for the tag library <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsageMain.php'>can
be found here.</a>.
ajunuthula
So, the custom parameter page is not a pop up? How does it relate to the report that is to be rendered?
Dunken
<p>I have the same issue. How can I change/use the existing popup?</p>