Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Change database connection info at single place for all reports
shailu
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am using below process and need help in that,<br />
<br />
1) First I create reports with mysql database connection pointing to dev environment.<br />
For example, <strong class='bbc'>jdbc:mysql://10.133.120.12:3306/asp_dw</strong><br />
<br />
2) After running reports successfully into dev, I move reports to test environment. For connecting to test environment mysql database, I have to make changes in all .rptdesign files by opening into notepad++ as,<br />
<strong class='bbc'>jdbc:mysql://10.133.120.14:3306/asp_dw</strong><br />
<br />
Can anyone help me, how to change database connection at one place so that all reports can access that and no need to open all reports for changing database connection info....<br />
<br />
(I need functionality similar to kettle.properties file of pentaho)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
There are several ways to make your connections easier, probably. Here are a couple. When setting up your reports initially, you could have passed a parameter to each report and changed the db info in the expression builders based on the parameter value. You could have created your dataSource in a library and imported your source from the library. Changing the connection info in the library would then trickle down to all other report.
shailu
Hi Michael,
Thanks for reply.. But I found one more approach and it worked. I am using Connection Profile file for database connection. So , whenever I want to point database of different environment, I just need to make change in connection profile file. And to make this connection profile work I have to store this file in same folder where .rptdesign is saved.
Thanks.
mwilliams
Yeah, I was going to mention that, but just left it as one of the "several ways". Glad you got something working for you. Let us know whenever you have questions!
shailu
Hi Michael,
I have started one new topic at below link,
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/29589-remove-birt-report-viewer-box/page__p__117591&#entry117591
Please help me in this. Thanks in advance.