Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing multi value parameter on with drill through
Max Bo
Hi,
I have a report that contains the parameter "paramClient". This parameter is filled via a listbox and is able to contain multiple values.
For some reason it does not seem to be possible to pass this one on to another report and its parameter "pClient" via drill down.
I manage the drill down via a chart and hyperlink in the "Value (Y) series" and the chart object gives me the error: "+ The trigger data is invalid or its type is unknown."
Can somebody give me a hint what the problem here could be and how to solve it?
Regards
Max
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1601-pass-multi-value-parameter-to-sub-report-via-drill-through-link/'>Take
a look at this devshare</a> to pass a multi value parameter to a subreport I created a string holding all the selected values then parsed them in the subreport.
Max Bo
Hi Kris,
Works like charme, thanks!
Regards
Max
kclark
You're welcome, glad it's working!
murchif
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>I am struggling to find the above link.</p><p> </p><p>Can u please post the direct link to the article?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
kclark
<p>murchif, some of the devshare links aren't working right now and I've been working on getting them back up, my devshare is explained in <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display§ion=blog&blogid=45&showentry=468'>this
blog</a>. Take a look at it and let me know if it helps
</p>
murchif
<p>Hi Kris</p><p> </p><p>After looking @ my requirement again, I realized that I did not require to pass a multi value to my sub report.... </p><p> </p><p>I did go through your suggestion and I am sure I will need it in the near future....</p><p> </p><p>Please also send the link to download the example.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for all ur help and time...greatly appreciate it.......</p>