Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Layout Sections
PurpleE
I'm new to BIRT, but I've used other report designers/generators for over 20 years.
In the past, I have been able to format the details of each record so that multiple fields display on consecutive lines something like this:
(First record)
RECORD TITLE DATA FIELD -- Short description of record
Owner Name : FirstNameDataField LastNameDataField
Owner Address: StreetDataField
CityDataField StateDataField ZipCodeDataField
Start Date: 01/01/2000 End Date: 01/01/3000
Detail Separator as Line or Space
(Second record)
RECORD TITLE DATA FIELD -- Short description of record
Owner Name : FirstNameDataField LastNameDataField
Owner Address: StreetDataField
CityDataField StateDataField ZipCodeDataField
Start Date: 01/01/2000 End Date: 01/01/3000
Detail Separator as Line or Space
(etc.)
How can I do this in BIRT? With other report designers I have been able to move fields around, modify their display widths, alter field heights, etc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You can drag the fields from the data set into your table so they share the same cell. Then you could insert an empty row under that and change the background color to black to create the separator. Take a look at the example I attached and let me know if you have any questions!
PurpleE
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="117559" data-time="1370973703" data-date="11 June 2013 - 11:01 AM"><p>
You can drag the fields from the data set into your table so they share the same cell. Then you could insert an empty row under that and change the background color to black to create the separator. Take a look at the example I attached and let me know if you have any questions!
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I think I get the drift. It requires more advance planning to decide how many columns the enclosing table will need and which ones to fill vertically with multiple data elements and where to set the widths. Not unlike the way we used to hand code HTML tables to get page layouts before Responsive Design came down the pike.