Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Text converted to Table
kratos
Hi everybody,
I have a dynamic text in HTML format and when I export to word makes me a table. Is there any way around this?
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Depending on what you're trying to do you could make the dynamic text invisible and store the values in a PGV then display the data in a label.
kratos
Could you give me any example?
Thanks
kclark
I've attached an example. In the onCreate() of the dynamic text I set the PGV using<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("test", this.text);</pre>
<br />
Then in the onCreate() of the label I set the value using<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>this.text = reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable("test")</pre>
kratos
hi if I put the dynamic text <b> sdfd </ n>, the label does not appear in bold, appears <b> sdfd </ n>, it doesn't transforms.
Tubal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kratos'" data-cid="117624" data-time="1371079210" data-date="12 June 2013 - 04:20 PM"><p>
hi if I put the dynamic text <b> sdfd </ n>, the label does not appear in bold, appears <b> sdfd </ n>, it doesn't transforms.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The dynamic text element doesn't accept HTML tags.<br />
<br />
But what is showing is the label, not the dynamic text element. In the sample report that kclark did, set your label element to bold, and your text will be bolded.<br />
<br />
If you're determined to use HTML tags, you could replace the label element with a text element, and set it to HTML format. Then in that element you would do something like:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><b><div style="color:red"><VALUE-OF>reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable("test")</VALUE-OF></b></pre>
kratos
you get me wrong or i have explained wrong. Your statement that a Dynamic HTML text tags not accept is true.
My problem is another
Indeed a dinamic text does not accept pure HTML tags, but accepts html embedded. Attached is an example.
The problem I have is that it transforms the result if fine, but Word for each dynamic text I generated a table (see word document). Stake the question.
?Put another way to explore a dataset i need a table and a dinamic text text. The problem is that word for each outcome of this dataset creates a table. Is there any way to avoid it?
thanks
kclark
I don't think there is any way to avoid the table with dynamic text being exported to a word document. Is there something that your doing with the word document that the table is not allowing?