Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Border style in PDF report
Vincent E.
Hello everyone,
I try to realize some exotic display in an HTML text.
I simply create a Text with Content Type set to HTML
Then, I fill the Text with "<span style='background-color:#000000;color:#00FFFF;border-style:solid;border-width:5px;border-color:blue;'>TEXT</span>"
The blue border appears in the report viewer but not when i generate the report as PDF
Any idea ?
Thanks
Vincent.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
I was able to get the border to show by creating a theme and applying it to the text item. Are you wanting to do this for all the text in that item or using this to highlight a few words?
Vincent E.
Tanks for your reply
I want to apply the border only on a part of the text
Currently, i use several "span" markup in the same Text to do this (but it does not work for border but it works for other formatting)
Vincent E.
It seems that i found a solution<br />
Some other css tags are compliant with birt and this is the final result<br />
<br />
<span>TEXT </span><span style='border-right: solid 1px orange;border-left: solid 1px orange;border-top: solid 1px orange;border-bottom: solid 1px orange;'>TEXT</span><br />
<br />
That displays a normal "TEXT" followed by a TEXT framed with orange border<br />
<br />
The solution is based on:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=236380#c8'>Bug
236380</a>
kclark
Glad you got it working, thanks for the update with the solution!