Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
show day between on a cross tab
birtprofi
Hi guys,
I need your help. I have a question for cross tab. I would like to use the result set of my SQL to show a vacation planner.
Normally this is very simple if yout get for every day a single row, but I have had to change my database and now the result set look like this:
Name | Vacation | From | Til |
Mister xy | U | 2013-01-10 | 2013-01-20
Miss ab | U | 2013-02-05 | 2013-02-25
My problem is how could I print this in a crosstab? Usually I would get for every day a single row. Then it is no problem to print this on a crosstab. But how could I to this if I get only one row?
Or do you think I have to made a JavaScript that would split this single row into n row?s like:
Mister xy 2013-01-10
Mister xy 2013-01-11
.....
The crosstab should look like the example attached. At vertical name and at horizontal the date and on summery print 'U' for each day.
best regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
I've attached an example showing one way to have crosstab output similar to what you're needing. I created a scripted data source with random vacation data. To have the output you described I placed all of my data cube groups into the data fields (rows) side by side. Let me know if this helps!
birtprofi
Hi kclark,
thank your for your report. But this is not exactly what I need. I have made some modifications to your sample report. Please take a look.
First I created a scripted data set. If you type in the parameter window date from - til (dd.MM.yyyy), then the data set (DataSet_Date) generates for each day a row. Now my aim is that the report generate a calendar and the vacation should be shown for example true or false or highlighted in a specific color. For this purpose I made the DataCupe_Join.
My problem is: How could I print or write a value between "From" and "Til"
Please see the attched image and the report. I hope you could understand what I?am trying to do.
birtprofi
<p>any idea?</p>