Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting up the BIRT programming evnironment
info_js
Hi all,
I am pretty new to BIRT programming. I have used BIRT before, but I used the Report Designer to create all my reports. Now I would like to use only the APIs to design my reports. There is plethora of information on the BIRT website and it gets pretty overwhelming after some time..I need your help, please!
I have Eclipse JUNO installed.I am planning to click BIRT All in one download and deployment runtime download. With these components, will I be able to run the simple api example listed on the website or do I need to download more components? I have never done development in eclipse before. Could you please help me with the initial development set up for running BIRT API examples? Thanks a lot!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Hi info_js!
When you download the runtime you'll want to extract this to some location. The jars that you want are in ReportEngine\lib. When you create an application using the jar's you'll need to create a folder in your workspace, then you can drag the files from lib into that. After you've copied the jars into your project you'll highlight them all > right click > build path > add to build path. Now you can start developing your application with the BIRT API's.
Let me know if you have any questions!