Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI Limitations ?
System
I will be doing Templating development work in a very tight schedule. Though I rate my javascript skills at quite good level (based on information on FormAPI basic requirements). Can somebody experienced, will explain me FormAPI practicle limitations & things to take care of before I will go ahead with loaded guns.
! Thanx in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
I may not have alot of help here.
But i found FormAPI very useful and quite stable.
Just remember that its intention is to be a completly abstract API strictly related to the DCR itself and not with IE DOM. Though there are plenty of hacks you can tap into.
The biggest fall i had, which was simply because of not thinking it through properly, is using the setDCRName method.
If you are trying to make things easier by auto saving a name based on fields in the dcr, be careful that you dont end up with a zillion dcr's in different locations simply because some one changed a field which changed the name of the dcr.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
I appereciate john..
Anybody esle with more details such as, browser version, browser type or system based incompabilities?
Edited by sacrh on 07/31/03 04:14 PM (server time).
Johnny
Questions like that might mean you should have a read of the documentation.
FormAPI is support only on IE 5.5 and above.
Though you may get some use on other browsers, it is not officially supported -> well as far as I know anyway.
John Cuiuli
navneet
Some limitations:
- NO debugging environment. You have to code and test line by line with alerts.
- Any errors and the processing just stops.
-NEVER make wholesale changes, you will pay for it with hours of debugging line by line.
- Seeing sporadic browser crashes. Not sure if it is formapi or something else.
Benefits:
- Gives great usaability.