Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
XML, XPath and nested Lists
MRalwasser
Imagine a XML document which acts as an XML Datasource.<br />
The XML document has to levels, let's say library and book.<br />
<br />
I'd like to iterate over all library nodes and for each library I want to print its book nodes.<br />
So basically, I want to map the logical XML structure to the report.<br />
<br />
First, I created a data set connected to the XML Datasource which XPath retrieves all library nodes.<br />
For this I setup the report to contain a List which dataset binding points to the dataset created above.<br />
<br />
Within this List, I'd like to have another List which bound dataset iterates over all book sub-nodes <br />
of the library node <strong class='bbc'>currently selected of the outer List</strong> iteration.<br />
<br />
How can I archive this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
I might be misunderstanding the question, but you should be able to list the libraries and the books for a library in a grouped list by setting your xPath.
Are you trying to make your report look something like this?