Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamically setting Master page/Page layout bfore exporting to PDF/XLS
tharakaram
Hi,
I am new to BIRT reporting. I have designed a report using Actuate BIRT Designer professional 11 for which I created a master page with some fixed width(say 50 inch). But while testing it, my Client has raised a concern saying,
"Page layout should scale according to the content before its been exported to PDF/XLS(say for example actual layout has 10 columns with a master page width of 50 inch, before exporting it to PDF 5 columns are removed then there should not be any white spaces in place of removed columns)".
Please find attachment for you reference.Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tharakaram.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Yaytay
For XLS your best option is to use a different Excel emitter that doesn't care about the master page size.
My SpudSoft emitter (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/2011/10/the-spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters'>http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/2011/10/the-spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters</a>)
only uses the page size to set the printable page size in Excel, it doesn't crop the data (or pad with data) at all.
For PDF I've never heard of anyone wanting to change the output paper size based on content - the end result would be unhelpful for printing, but there are plenty of PDFs that are only ever viewed on screen.
I don't think you'll be able to solve the problem without scripting.
How is the number of columns in the report changing? Are you using a crosstab?
Jim