Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Splitting Data
megabri
I'm creating a birt report and I'm trying to see if there's a way I can show my data in different sections. Here's what I mean...
My dataSet is bringing back the following data
LOCATION VALUE SECTION
New York 3 A
New York 2 A
New York 9 B
Colorado 8 A
Colorado 9 B
In my first table I want to show all of my Section A values. In my second table further down in the report I want to show all my Section B values. I know I could make different dataSets but this example is vastly scaled down just to show my point. I'm trying to find a way on a table element to say "where section =A" or something like that. Any advice?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could add a filter to the table to filter out all results that aren't "A", "B", and so on. Are you going to need to create a dynamic number of tables or do you have a fixed amount of sections?
megabri
<p>Thanks! The filter worked.</p>
Yaytay
Something to be careful of is that sometimes using seperate data sets can actually be quite a lot quicker than trying to get BIRT to work with just one.
Jim
megabri
<p>Thanks for the advice Jim. When I put the report on my server if it's taking too long then maybe I'll try your approach. Thanks again!</p><p> </p><p>Mike</p>