Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table of Contents with Multiple Data Sets
Scottc
Hi,
I need to create a Table of Contents to display on the first page of my report with nested entries and page numbers. The data in my report comes from different data sets, and all the examples I can find rely on having one dataset for the entire report. Is there a way to create such a table of contents?
I'm using BIRT 4.2.0.
Thanks,
Scott
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Scottc
I've created a sample report to show what I'm trying to do. I want to add a table of contents to this that includes the labels and groups of the inner table I've added. So it would look something like:<br />
<br />
<br />
This should be a top level TOC item..................1<br />
Table................................................1<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Australia.......................................1<br />
...<br />
USA.............................................6</p>
This should be another top level TOC item............7<br />
Table2...............................................7<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Vintage Cars....................................7<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Australia..................................7<br />
Austria....................................8<br />
...<br />
USA.......................................27</p> <br />
Ships..........................................28<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Australia.................................28<br />
...<br />
USA.......................................35</p>
Trains ...</p>
This is a final top level TOC item..................51<br />
<br />
<br />
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?<br />
<br />
kclark
<p>I haven't tried it but you might be able to create a third joined data set. Then use bookmarks in your tables, then you could create a TOC table using links pointing at the bookmarks that you set in your other tables.</p>