Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 2.3.2 Blank Page issue?
megabri
I'm not quite sure why but when i'm creating my report in 2.3.2 I keep getting a blank page. I've designed my report with a lot of 2x2 grids. Each of the cells has a table in it and I've added custom page break code in the onCreate of the grids. Attached you'll find an example of what happens plus my rptdesign file. You'll see page 2 is blank (it has the masterpage data but that page shouldn't be there). Please help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you try shrinking the last table in the report and shrink the grid around it to match. Nothing sticks out to me without being able to run it so you might want to start with the bottom table to see if it's a height problem.
megabri
<p>Kclark,</p><p> </p><p>I tried running the report by taking out all the grids and adding them one at a time. It seems like anytime there's another grid after Grid6 it page breaks. Any ideas?</p>
megabri
<p>Even if only one grid generates the issue still happens. When I just have grids 1-5 there's no page break. As soon as i add grid 6 there's a page break. The attachment I included in my first post is with all of the grids. </p>
megabri
<p>I have an update. I'm still having the same issue but I think i discovered something. I have the following code on the grids' onCreate script (this one is an example on grid 2).</p><div>Grid2 = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement("Grid2");</div><div> </div><div>scriptLogger.debug("Grid 2 max " + params["pagemax"]);</div><div> </div><div>//if(params["pagemax"] < 2) {</div><div>Grid2.drop();</div><div>//}</div><div> </div><div>It seems like the Grid2.drop() isn't getting rid of the grid. The way I discovered this was by making the background color of all the table headers that are in the grids Aqua. When i ran the report I had 9 aqua lines. It seems to just be the table headers. I tried coloring body and footer of the tables and they didn't show up. What's the correct command to remove a grid?</div>
kclark
<p>Are you trying to drop Grid2 from the onCreate() of Grid2?</p>
megabri
<p>I solved my problem by using this.getStyle().visibleFormat = "all"<span> </span>instead.</p>