Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot take the volume online. The iHub cannot access its system database.
gnubirt
<p>I am unable to start the *default* volume after installation.</p><p>I selected all default answers except the start path for AC_HOME.</p><p> </p><p>Documentation has been unhelpful finding Error code 8158 or 8168, when trying to bring a volume online.</p><p> </p><p>Cannot find any posts with similar error messages.</p><p> </p><p>To quote error:</p><p><strong>Cannot take the volume online. The iHub cannot access its system database. </strong></p><p> </p><p>Then proceeds to tell me open the Config console (which I am in) and check settings.</p><p>There are no settings that I can find.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RSiegler
<p>gnubirt,</p><p> </p><p>Can you check to verify that the database chosen to host the system metadata is available and able to be connected to?</p><p> </p><p>If you are in the configuration console, you could click "Advanced Settings" from the upper right hand corner of the page, click on the "Volumes" button on the left hand side and that should provide you with a listing of the metadata databases configured, the schemas expected, and the volumes present per schema.</p><p> </p><p>By checking the properties of the metadata database entry, you should be able to test the connection.</p>
gnubirt
<p>Thanks Ryan.</p><p> </p><p>It wasn't a case of "settings" at all. The database simply wasn't running.</p><p> </p><p> I selected the OOTB Postgres as the database to use.</p><p>The installer failed to mention starting the DB instance, or even finishing the installation for postgres, such as /etc/init.d/postgres creation. I should have realized this when having to add my own /etc/init.d/actuate from a script.... Interesting to note, that even the update_rclocal script is not even referenced in the installation text, but only in one of the graphics. </p><p> </p><p>I wouldn't even be posting if it had said, "Check to see if your database service is up and running, and visible from this server."</p><p> </p><p>Sad day to realize that technojargon led me down the wrong path.</p>