Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to pass some additional properties to AppContext
ArunJohny
<p>I'm using BIRT 3.7.1 in an spring MVC application. Now I want to pass a Utility called NumberToWords to the AppContext so that I can use the methods in that utility to convert some numbers to words.</p><p> </p><p>I'm able to do it when I use the ReportEngine API to generate reports, but there are few reports which uses the web-ui provided by BIRT to generate/view reports. In those pages I'm not able to pass these additional properties.</p><p> </p><p>I cannot set these properties to the session/request attributes as the session is serialized and this utility instance is not serializable.</p><p> </p><p>Is there a way to extend the web-engine to set these two properties at run time</p><p> </p><p>Thank You</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Yaytay
One option could be to find another way to access the methods, i.e. you could write a BIRT function plugin that wraps them.
That would make them easier to use from the BIRT side, at the price of having to write some clunky code to do the wrapping.
A couple of example BIRT function plugins:
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-functions-lib/'>http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-functions-lib/</a>
;
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-dynamic-columns'>https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-dynamic-columns</a>
;
Jim