Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt - Dataset picks wrong Database from Datasource
vex4vex
<p><span>When using the All-In-One Birt;
Basically I've setup 2 databases (named a1 & a2) with the same table name ("t_1") in both DB's but with differing field names.
The "data sets" seem to only show the fields from the first database (i.e. "a1") with the named table even though the connection is set to the second database (i.e. "a2").
Also trying to use the database name as a precix isn't accepted by the parser.
<strong>I really believe this could be a bug but perhaps somebody has experienced this and has an answer??</strong></span></p><p> </p><p><em>This is an example where in real life I don't have the possibility to change the database structures. </em></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you post the rptdesign?</p>
vex4vex
<p>Hi Thanks for looking into this.</p><p>I've created a 'clean' report with just the 1 data source and a data set in which the issue occurs.</p><p>Commented in the dataset is the WHERE clause where I try to use a column called POLPMID but the parser won't let me. If I 'just' look into the table that column will show up in both the preview and the collumns section of the data set.</p>