Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Navigator view broken - how to publish reports?
boris256
<p>After a stack overflow error, my Navigator view no longer shows any files. I've tried restarting and resetting the perspective. I'm using Actuate BIRT Designer Pro, version 11.0.4.</p><p> </p><p>Without Navigator I can no longer select report designs for publishing to the iServer, and this is a big problem. Does anyone know how to fix Navigator, or a workaround? Much appreciated!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you try opening the designer from a command prompt passing the -clean flag to see if that helps? Have you made any changes to eclipse.ini?</p>
boris256
<p>I've tried that, with no effect. The error log lists two errors from plug-in org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources:</p><p> </p><p>- (one empty with no message)</p><p>- Required filter org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources.filters.workingSet is not present. Working set support will not function correctly.</p><p> </p><p>The one change that I made to eclipse.ini, and that was some weeks ago, was to increase the heap size from 384M to 1024M (the -Xmx1024m option).</p>
Matthew L.
<p>After reviewing this issue in support we determined that the stack overflow issue was caused by a cell in the Cross Tab being only 1px wide. When activating the auto layout option for the report design, the 1px wide cell was causing a stack overflow issue. Attempting to resize the cell by clicking and dragging the cell wall shows that the minimum size that it can be resized to was 18px. Resizing the cell to the minimum size prevents the auto layout option from causing a stack overflow.</p>