Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom parameter page
ajunuthula
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I am trying to build a custom parameter page for the first time and here is my jsp code:</p><p> </p><p><html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
</head>
<body>
<birt:parameterPage
id="report1"
name="page1"
reportDesign="Database.rptdesign"
isCustom="true"
pattern="frameset">
Select City
<birt:paramDef id="11" name="CITY" />
<br><br>
Select customer
<birt:paramDef id="12" name="CUSTOMER" />
<br><br>
<input type="Submit" value="Run Report">
</birt:parameterPage>
</body>
</html></p><p> </p><p>I saved it as customparm.jsp and placed it in tomcat/webapps/birt and when I run it, the parameter names are displayed but no drop down is seen and also when clicked on 'Run report', nothing happens.</p><p> </p><p>Can you guide me.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Where is Database.rptdesign stored?</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Same location where the .jsp is within tomcat.</p>
kclark
<p>Can you attach your rptdesign so I can run your JSP with it?</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Its not allowing me to attach the report here, sent to your email.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you.</p>
kclark
<p>You need to have</p><pre class="_prettyXprint"><%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%><%@ taglib uri="/birt.tld" prefix="birt" %></pre><p>At the beginning of your JSP and it should work fine now.</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Edited the jsp file with the code above :</p><pre><%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%><%@ taglib uri="/birt.tld" prefix="birt" %><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"></head><body><birt:parameterPageid="report1"name="page1"reportDesign="newDatabase.rptdesign"isCustom="true"pattern="frameset">Select City<birt:paramDef id="11" name="CITY" /><br><br>Select customer<birt:paramDef id="12" name="CUSTOMER" /><br><br><input type="Submit" value="Run Report"></birt:parameterPage></body></html></pre><p>But when I run it as:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://wisdom.rockefeller.edu:8080/birt/customparm.jsp'>http://wisdom.rockefeller.edu:8080/birt/customparm.jsp</a>
, nothing happens just blank.</p><p>I am not sure if am missing anything.</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Just wondering if I need to make any changes to my settings.</p><p> </p><p>Please advise.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you.</p>
kclark
<p>I didn't have to make any changes to your report other than the one listed above. Are you able to view the report without the custom parameter page?</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Yes, I can view the report, but somehow cannot make the jsp page run and link to the report.</p>
kclark
<p>From the link you provided above it looks to be working, what changes did you make?</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Its working. strange that when I was trying to run in other PC got an error
</p><p> </p><p>No changes made though, but glad its working.</p><p> </p><p>I have another question:</p><p>How can I check the parameters entered into the custom jsp page? I need to check the parameters, if exists in the database then 'Run Report' must forward to a report, else just display a message.</p><p> </p><p>Thannk you so much for the help.</p>