Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Collapsible Tree View and Clickable
newbie_12
<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>Basically I am an absolute newbie and this is my first post to forums.</p><p>I would request for few information -</p><p> </p><p>1. Firstly if someone can suggest me some tutorials to understand and step by step guide for scripting, it would be of great help.</p><p> </p><p>2. I want to create a tree structure (levels are static) and the tree should be capable for collapsible/expandable based on click on the (+) or (-) icons...</p><p>Each item in the treeview should be clickable and I should be able to define actions to be taken based on the click.</p><p> </p><p>3. If my screen is divided on 2 columns (left one has tree view) and the right part should show some custom fields or forms based on the selection of the nodes in the tree view.</p><p> </p><p>Really looking forward to your responses.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Mangalam</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportScripting.php'>This
is a good resource</a> to read over for scripting. For the expandable/collapsible tree structure you could <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1242-expandablecollapsible-groups-by-drill-through'>take
a look at this devshare</a>. It's not exactly what your wanting but it should be similar. You'd have to use a hidden parameter and drill through links. That way you can rerun the report telling it what row you want to show/hide. I can work on an example for you if you want and post it here when it's done.</p>
newbie_12
<p>HI Clark,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your response.</p><p>It would definitely be of immense help if you can help me out on this.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>To be more clear on the query -</p><p> </p><p>Supposedly, the tree view looks something like below -</p><p> </p><p>TREE VIEW In LEFT PANE of the GRID -</p><p> </p><p>(-) Reports</p><p> (-) DevType 1</p><p> (-) Link1</p><p> (-) Link2</p><p> (-) DevType 2</p><p> (-) Link3</p><p> (-) Link4</p><p> </p><p>Each of items in the tree are expandable and collapsible using standard (+) and (-) tree views.</p><p> </p><p>If I click on any of the Link(n) items, it should trigger a new page on the RIGHT Pane of the grid.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks once again Clark for your help.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Mangalam</p>
kclark
<p>Dose the tree need to be in the report? Looking at what your needing again you might be able to create a framed web page with your tree on the left to display the reports and the viewer on the right. Then you could update the report on the right depending on what the user clicks in the tree.</p>
newbie_12
<p>Hi Clark, </p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your response.</p><p>Since I am quiet new to BIRT, Is it possible for you to post a simple example on how this can be acheived.</p><p>I am absolutely clueless to this and if you can help with a simple tree view on the left and corrosponding page on left, it would be immense help.</p><p> </p><p>Cheers</p><p>Mangalam</p>
newbie_12
<p>Hi Clark, </p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your response.</p><p>Since I am quiet new to BIRT, Is it possible for you to post a simple example on how this can be acheived.</p><p>I am absolutely clueless to this and if you can help with a simple tree view on the left and corrosponding page on left, it would be immense help.</p><p> </p><p>Cheers</p><p>Mangalam</p>